(1) Find a flat surface and place both poles at a distance of 20, 30, or 40 feet apart depending on skill level and age.
(2) Place the bottles on top of the poles.
(3) Two teams of two
(4) Each team chooses a pole to defend and stand behind. Team members will stand behind the same pole.
(5) Players must stay behind their designated pole both while throwing and catching.
Object of the game
Throw the disc at your opponents’ bottle and/or pole to score points. The
defending team tries to catch the disc and bottle before they hit the ground.
(1) Only the throwing team can score points. Points are awarded when objects hit the ground. Objects Point System:
*Dropped Disc = 1 Point
*Dropped Bottle = 2 Points
*Dropped Disc & Bottle = 3 Points
*Maximum points awarded per throw = 3 Points
(2) Defending team can save points by catching disc and bottle before they hit the ground
(3) Games can be played to 11, 15, or 21. Teams must win by 2. The winning points can be scored by either a dropped disc or a dropped bottle, but in order for the winning points to be scored on a dropped disc, the bottle must be knocked off the pole.
(1) Disc must be considered “catchable”. This means that the disc is not thrown too far to the left or right of the players or too high based on their, age, skill level, and capability.
(2) The “Low Disc Zone” marked on the bottom of your pole indicates where the disc no longer counts for points. If the disc is below this line on a throw or landed before reaching the pole, points are not awarded to the offensive team.
(3) If the disc is low, but hits the pole, the Bottle is Always Live! This means that although you and your team mate do not have to worry about the disc, you still have to catch the bottle.
(4) No guarding. The disc cannot be stopped before hitting your pole or bottle.