BucketBall™ Court: A regulation sized BucketBall court will require an area of 8 feet wide by 40 feet long. The minimum vertical clearance required is 12 feet.
BucketBall™ Court Layout
Bucket Setup: Place six (6) buckets per side arranged in triangle formation.
Fill each bucket at least 1/3rd full with water or sand.
Teams: Teams consist of 1-2 players. Teammates play on the same side of the court.
Foul Line: The foul line is an imaginary line behind each set of buckets.
Tossing Zone: The tossing zone is the area behind each set of buckets where each team can toss their game balls.
Start of Game
- Initial possession is determined by: shoot-off, coin flip, rockpaper-scissors, etc.
- Each player on a team throws once, trying to throw the ball into the other team’s buckets.
- If a ball goes into a bucket, then the bucket is removed.
- Teams are allowed one re-rack per game.
BucketBall™ Re-Rack Options
End of Game
- As soon as one team eliminates all of the other team’s buckets, they WIN!!!
- The losing team gets rebuttals as follows: one throw per player, one throw each with bring backs, each players throws until they miss.
- If the losing team makes all of the buckets, the game goes into overtime. If not, they lose and the game is over.
- Three (3) buckets per side in triangle formation are used in overtime and the team that is winning gets to throw first.
- Overtime game play is the same as normal game play and the objective is to eliminate all of the other team’s buckets.