Object of the Game
Partners stand at opposite goals, alternating throwing and deflecting. One partner throws the flying disk and the other partner redirects it toward or into the goal. After both partners complete one throw each, the flying disk is passed to the opposing team. The game continues alternating team turns until an exact score of 21 is reached or there is an Instant Win scored. Kan-Jam is fast paced and play is continuous.
Dinger 1 point Redirected Hit Deflector redirects thrown disk to hit any side of the goal Deuce 2 points Direct Hit Thrower hits the side of the goal, unassisted by partner. Bucket 3 points Slam Dunk Deflector redirects the thrown disk and it lands inside the goal. Instant Win Game Over Direct Entry Thrower lands the disk inside the goal, unassisted by partner.
|Dinger||1 point||Redirected Hit||Deflector redirects thrown disk to hit any side of the goal|
|Deuce||2 points||Direct Hit||Thrower hits the side of the goal, unassisted by partner|
|Bucket||3 points||Slam Dunk||Deflector redirects the thrown disk and it lands inside the goal|
|Instant Win||Game Over||Direct Entry||Thrower lands the disk inside the goal, unassisted by partner|
* *The disk can enter through the slot opening on the side or through the top of the goal. When an Instant Win occurs, the throwing team is declared the winner and the opposing team does not receive a “last toss” option.
- Players must remain behind the goal when throwing. No points are awarded if the player crosses the line.
- There are no points awarded when a throw hits the ground before striking the goal.
- Deflectors can move anywhere within the playing area to redirect the disk.
- No score will result if a deflector double hits, catches, or carries the disk.
- Three points will be awarded if an opponent interferes with play or defends the goal. If the score is 19 or 20, 1 or 2 points are awarded.
- A team must reach an exact score of 21 points to win. If a given throw results in points that raise a team’s total score above 21, the points from that play are deducted from their current score and play continues. For example, if a team has 20 points and score a “BUCKET” (3 points), their score is reduced to 17.
- Teams must complete an equal number of turns before the game is over. Except when an Instant Win is thrown, the team with “the hammer”(last toss) will always get to throw last.
- In the event of a tie game, the winner is decided in a tiebreaker method of overtime. Each team completes one round of throws and the team with the most points wins. Overtime rounds continue until the tie is broken.